Welcome to the Johnson lab.
We are an immunology lab located on the third floor of the Life Sciences Centre at the main campus of the University of British Columbia. Please email Pauline Johnson if you want more information regarding current projects and lab positions, particularly graduate and undergraduate student positions.
Research Interests & Current Research:
• Role of myeloid cells (monocytes and macrophages) in Mucosal Immunity
• Lung infection, inflammation, fibrosis
• Cancer metastasis to the lung
• Interactions of immune cells with the extracellular matrix
• How hyaluronan and its receptor CD44 regulate immune functions:
- how they regulate CD8 T cell fate (Teffector-> T memory)
- how these interactions impact alveolar macrophage function and lifespan