For more information, visit the UBC Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Office resources page at: https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/
Accessibility & Accommodation
- Centre for Accessibility - The Centre for Accessibility facilitates disability-related accommodations and programming initiatives designed to remove barriers for students with disabilities and ongoing medical conditions in all aspects of university life.
- Resources for Students with Disabilities - The Centre for Accessibility provides non-academic accommodations and services including mobility training for students with visual impairments and priority placement for on-campus housing.
- Academic Accommodation for Students with Disabilities
- Stay at Work/Return to Work Program (Staff, Faculty) - Support at work due to a medical condition or disability.
- Safewalk – If you feel unsafe getting from point A to point B on campus after dark, the Safewalk team has walking and driving teams that can accompany you at any time.
- Equity & Inclusion Office – Support for interpersonal conflicts and legal advice.
- AMS Advocacy Office - The Advocacy Office was established in 1999 to provide information and support to students facing the bureaucratic challenges and disciplinary committees of UBC.
- Graduate Students Advocacy - The GSS focuses on the policy issues that matter most to graduate students and collects data in many ways to ensure that they are meeting these needs.
- Ombudsperson Office - The UBC Office of the Ombudsperson for Students is an independent, impartial and confidential resource to assist students in addressing and resolving concerns about unfair treatment at UBC.
- Student guide to discrimination and harassment - UBC contact for if you experience human-rights based discrimination or harassment.
- UBC Student Services Bullying & Harassment Statement - Advice and resources on creating and fostering a learning environment that is free of all forms of discrimination and harassment.
- UBC Equity & Inclusion Office Events
- Hot Lunch for UBC Staff (St. John's College) - Let’s meet over lunch with a group of our colleagues from across the University, and share thoughts and conversations about how we might work toward the goal of establishing richer and more meaningful networks across the institution.
- Gender Diversity at UBC - Designed to help students, staff, and faculty learn about different aspects of gender diversity and to find information about UBC’s systems, policies, and practices (including information on names, pronouns, transgender health, and facilities).
- LGBTQ+ Resources - Queer and trans visibility at UBC
- Gender-inclusive washroom map
Health and Wellbeing
Visit our Health & Wellbeing page for a full list of resources: https://www.microbiology.ubc.ca/resources-0/health-wellbeing
Religious Accommodation and Days of Significance - This calendar includes religious holidays, significant events and celebrations, public holidays, and other important dates that should be considered when planning events and activities.
Safety and Protection
- AMS Safewalk - If you feel unsafe walking alone on campus after dark, Safewalk can accompany you to your destination.
- UBC Campus Security - Campus Security is committed to ensuring the safety and security of students, faculty, staff and visitors. They respond to safety and security concerns, provide first aid and facilities management, and aid emergency services on campus.
Sexual Assault: Education and Prevention
- AMS Sexual Assault Support Centre (SASC) - Since 2002, the AMS Sexual Assault Support Centre (SASC) has been committed to the education, support, and empowerment of people of all genders who are survivors of sexualized violence, as well as their friends and family. They serve UBC students, staff, faculty, and people with a connection to the UBC campus through various resources and services.
- Sexual Assault Education and Prevention - Raising awareness of issues related to sexual violence, promoting healthy and respectful relationships, and fostering individual and collective action against violence are critical to developing a safe and respectful culture at UBC and beyond.
- Sexual Violence Prevention and Response Office (SVPRO) - SVPRO is a confidential place for those who have experienced, or been impacted by, any form of sexual or gender-based violence, harassment, or harm, regardless of where or when it took place. They recognize that you are the expert of your own experience and you get to decide what is right for you. They aim to be a safer space for all by respecting each person’s unique and multiple identities and experiences. All genders and sexualities are welcome.